This past week has been really fun! My companion and I have gone hiking up this one trail about every single day, mainly for the benefit of getting fresh air. Since we work sitting down all day, we need to get outside because... it's boring working in the dark and so forth so we're like. "Hey...it gets us out of the apartment and we can use the muscles that don't really get used anymore.
I know these emails are really short and I wish that I had more to report on but, quarantine kind of knocked out all of the activities that were planned. (SORRY)
We also had a really spiritual conversation about a Bruce R. McConkie speech that he gave at BYU "Households of Faith" https://speeches.byu. edu/talks/bruce-r-mcconkie/ households-faith/?M=A (I recommend this talk to everyone! It's a real good one) and we were talking for about an Hour 15 it was super great! He says a lot about things that we today can do to become better disciples and I've been taking some of those to heart. Which turns me to my Spiritual Thought for the week.
Spiritual Thought: So...Bruce R. McConkie said something along the lines of this, this is how I interpreted this statement. "We must crucify in us the Old man of Sin, and be resurrected and become born again in Christ." I really thought that was very profound because All of us need to take that step in life. We all can do better about taking and purging the natural man in us and getting rid of him and truly becoming a saint through Christ. We all have our different weaknesses and things that are given to us "For our Experience" They give us experience
so that we can learn, grow, and become better from them. At the moment, they may seem like they do nothing but keep us from doing certain things, but they truly are given to us for a reason. The Lord will reveal unto us the purpose of all things if we are willing to make the sacrifice to become fully committed to God, nothing wavering and nothing doubting. In times like these, it can be difficult to remember our God and to fall back and get very relaxed with our relationship with God. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN! That's Satan trying to get you to do those things. I know that as we deepen our commitment to serving God, we will truly be blessed for our Righteous Efforts. I know that we can truly continue to press forward and do better! I know that we can continue to press forward on the covenant path and partake of the Fruit of the Tree of Life. I know these things to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I hope all of you have an amazing week!
You all are super Fabtabulous!
I love all of you so very much!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!
MOTHERS ARE GREAT!!!!!!!
Stay Fabtabulous!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment