Friday, December 14, 2018

The Pride Cycle

It's super cool to hear that Spencer is skiing, I'm glad that he has something to keep his mind busy and off the fact that I'm gone. I also love the fact that you are all jamming out to Christmas music for me, be sure to sing extra loud for me on the Sugarland songs for me cuz I personally love that Christmas album the most. Hugh Jackman!!!! Are you Kidding me!? That will be super cool, I'm jealous that you get to go see him in a concert sort of thing. We're going to have to have some fun times together when I get back to make up for all the lost time, and knowing dad I could've told you that he would want to go. Mom....really? It's Wolverine himself why would he pass up an opportunity like that? But anyway That's super cool. I'm super happy for Mayce and super happy she is engaged, that's a big step! I honestly can't wait to see the Last Avengers.....but that's awesome that it comes out on your anniversary, Super awesome anniversary gift for you both right? You should go down to Hurricane and see it in the VIP Theatre Seats. For the Run you should have a shirt that says something like "I'm running for my missionary" or something super spiritual like that, plus I'm glad your getting a really good vibe about this next years run. You will have to tell me how it goes. I'm still pretty skeptical about the Grinch movie but if you say it's good I will at least give it a chance. I Promise I won't open my gifts for Christmas, It's just not right to open them before than. That's a funny story about Helaman because I'm actually reading that book in the scriptures and thats what we talked about for our Book of Mormon Class with President Fenn on Monday. We went over Chapters 6-9 on the Pride Cycle through the Nephites. It's really cool to hear and see the cycle and how long it doesn't take for the Nephites to be Prosperous and Prideful, then they forget the lord and slide into wickedness, then they slowly Humble themselves and then they remember the lord and become Righteous again, Then Prosperous...etc. It really doesn't take that long and It's kinda scary if you ask me. But I like in Hel. Ch 8 v. 14 - 15 "Yea, did he not bear record that the Son of God should come? And as he lifted up the brazen serpent in the wilderness, even so shall he be lifted up who should come. and as many as should look upon that serpent should live, even so as many as should look upon the Son of God with faith, having a contrite spirit, might live, even unto that life which is eternal" It is so easy to fall into wickedness but it could also be just as easy to follow the Lord, look upon him holding fast to that "Rod of Iron" and "Looking" up to that "Brazen Serpent" when we are in our hour of need and continuously follow that path that is the Straight and Narrow. That's my spiritual thought for the week, Transfer is Tuesday but I just got put into this zone and I really don't know why I would get transferred out right as I just got put in. It does get hard on some days, really hard on others, and some days are just flat out fun. Even though this first month has been really hard; I know that this is what the Lord wants me to do, and this is what I need to do to help bring me closer to the spirit. I Love all of you very much and I hope that all of you are also trying to find your Perfect Brightness of Hope in the Gospel. I can feel all of your prayers and I pray for you every night with all my heart. Keep singing for me and keep "Marchin' On....One Republic" real good song, listen to it it's great. Have a Fabtabulous Week and as Always.........Stay Beefy!

No comments:

Post a Comment