Hello everyone!!!! This week has been kinda all over the place. Saturday was a really slow day. But it was decently busy so it didn't feel as long. Sunday was a really awesome day! Church was awesome as usual, we had a fireside with President and Sister McKnight, the 1st counselors to the President. They told us a little bit about their lives and about some spiritual experiences that they've had. Then the Blood moon right after that. That was really beautiful. Monday was quite an awesome day. We had a snow storm that day and we got like a foot and a half of snow. It was Crazy!!! But My District (Elders Bastian, Dunn, Lane, and I) along with Elder Meijia and Foxworth braved the snow storm and we went to Panda Express for lunch. It was great. After we got back from a great lunch, Elder Allison invited me and my companion over for the afternoon to play games and hangout for the day. That was super fun and I enjoyed every second of it. We played Coup the card game, which is German I think but I remember playing that game in High school and that is a lot of fun and a few others till around 5ish. Then we went home for dinner and we had Elder Rangus, McNeely, and Elder Hail and Royal over and we played Super Fight till just before the activity for the evening which was watching "The Prince of Egypt" OH MY GOODNESS I forgot how amazing that movie is. It really is an accurate description of the story of Moses and how the Egyptian culture is. But other than that I say it was a Fabtabulastical week!
Now for my Spiritual Thought for the week. So this week was a really fun week and I had quite a few good experiences. For the Sunday Lesson we had a lesson from the Come Follow Me manual. The topic quickly shifted towards faith in the Lord and how we really need to think about how we act and what message we are sending to those around us. We need to make sure that we have that deep connection with our Father in Heaven and how we need to maintain as best we can a safe environment in the home. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are wanting to help us down the path of Righteousness and want to help us become better Disciples of Christ but with all the distractions around us and everything constantly buzzing our sensitivity towards his still small voice and his countenance, it's easy to get lost in the world and slowly becoming of the world. We all need to at the end of the day need to look at our day and try to find out where you could've been closer to our Savior and could've listened to him a little bit more. We need to make sure that we are living a life just in the world and not of the world. I leave this with you and I hope that you all will have a Fabtabulastical week and do all you can to make every moment count.
Love you all, you all are the best!
Stay Beefy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment