Friday, January 18, 2019

Read the Book of Mormon

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

This past week was kind of all over the place but I did the best I could to enjoy it. Wednesday was a super boring day, but I'm glad to have friends that made the time pass by faster.  My Companion had a doctors appointment at the mission office that he does every 4 weeks and that went from 9 - 12:30 and I couldn't really go anywhere so that sucked. After we went home for lunch we went back to the Mission office for the meetings we had. I had an appointment with the development counselor to help set my life for after the mission and help me decide what to do after I get home off my mission. Not sure why I met with him already but oh well. Then Elder Lane had an appointment with President Fenn at 3:30 but it got pushed back and all his appointments were behind schedule. So his didn't end till after Night Zone started which is around 6:00. I just went to zone before he got done. In the Mission Office we have, we can be there together but not have to be right next to each other the whole time. That's one rule that everyone likes cuz, you don't have to be in the Mission office at the same place as your companion as long as you are both there, you're fine. But yea.....

Zone is going Awesome! Our project is a month ahead of schedule and we are just finishing up the second half of it. After we finish that part the Conference talks from 1938 up to 1970 will be up on some church website so that you can all listen to the previous general authorities that I have been blessed with to hear from. I've really enjoyed it. I'm loving the tours I've been able to give and helping people with other various things that we can do.


My spiritual thought for this week is a little bit different. So with the new year and the Gift that President Santa Fenn Claus gave to us was the Journal Edition of the Book of Mormon. That new challenge has been super fun and really great because it gives me different things to focus on besides the one that I took a picture of. As I'm reading through the book of 1 Nephi, I found a few more things that I didn't other wise think of. I found more ways to mark other verses and know that most verses have multiple meanings. It's made me think about that God has given us the wonderful book and the foundation of our religion, he didn't give it to us to read once and know everything. He gave it to us to Read, Ponder, Study, and Think. My Mission President has multiple tubs of the Book of Mormon, massive tubs that are full of fully marked Books of Mormon and to this day he says. "Now I may have read through this book a large number of times but, I still find things that I don't already know and don't fully understand because we all are constantly learning. We will never know the whole and all of the doctrine in it. But we can do our best to catch up to what he is giving us everyday." That really helped give guidance to me and helped me understand that Gods power is everlasting, and so is His counsel to all of us if we are willing to yield ourselves to His will and listen to the Holy Ghost.

I love and appreciate each and every one of you very dearly and I love this doctrine and the Book of Mormon more and more each day and I know that as you continually study it, you will also learn to fall in love with it as well. I hope that you all will have a Fabtabulous week and I hope that you will all strive to have the constant companion of the Holy Ghost.

Love all of you very much,

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment