I enjoyed everything about conference and it was super awesome that President Fenn got all of the young elders tickets to the priesthood session and we were right in the front and it was super awesome to see all the apostles walk in plus all of them waved at us as they passed which was super awesome. Plus our experiences with the Twelve aren't actually over yet. we get the pleasure of meeting with Neil L. Anderson of the Twelve Apostles tomorrow and he's just talking to us young elders which is super awesome and a great blessing because this almost never happens but President was meeting with him, the subject was brought up he was invited and he said yes so I've been super stoked for that for like a week now and I'm super excited to hear what he has to say and I can't wait to hear the counsel that he will give us.
But this week has kinda been a little stressful for me because I've lately been feeling this unknown force and doubt continually pressing me down making me feel like I did something wrong and making me feel as if I had wronged god or done something wrong in his eyes, but I had a very spiritual experience that put all my worries to rest and put my mind at ease and I felt all my stress leave me and I felt a sense of peace and trust from the lord that I had already repented of all my big major sins and that I was doing all the right things in his eyes and that I had nothing to worry about. I could feel as if he trusted me and that he knew me so personally (which he knows all of us very personally) that he trusted me on this mission and that I was doing all the right things. Part of me knew and felt as if he just gave me a big hug and spoke to my spirit just saying words of comfort.
But yea that's pretty much all the cool stuff...........Not too many things new happen here we pretty much just do the same exact things. That's why I'm doing all I can to see the awesome experiences in my life and doing all that I can to be the best missionary I can to be able to see the lords hand in my life a lot more.
Spiritual thought: So one quote that I really have been thinking about lately was: "Guilt isn't there to break you down is there as a protection for you to not fall into the same mistakes again." Probably got it all wrong but I left my notes at the apartment on accident along with my camera....well...darn it. But I personally just really liked that because remembering your sins and feeling terrible about them really sucks and you just want to forget about that and never have to think about it again when in reality we should be glad that we remember that as a protection to us so we know how we felt and we know what happened when went down that path so we don't make the mistake of going down there again cuz....yea it's not fun.
Well I'm super thankful for all of you and all that you've done for me in my life and I'm glad to have such great friends as all of you.
Thanks for everything and I love all of you very dearly.
Stay Beefy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment