Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Meakness doesn't mean weakness

Hello All those who actually read my emails....hahahahahahaha! totally kidding. 

But this week has been a really fun week and I've really enjoyed it. One of my favorite things about this last week was the restoration activity on Friday. 

All the Young Elders went up the Canyon to Washington park to remind us of the kind of environment that would have been there when Joseph Smith had the First vision. The whole mission Presidency came up with us and it was just a super awesome experience. We talked about the first vision and a few things about Joseph Smith and about some of the things that he did in his life and about how we are obligated to do what we can to help build the kingdom of god and to help the saints in our everyday life. I just was really touched by the spirit, and the spirit really just testified to me that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that this gospel is true and that everything that he did is true. I personally just got a slap in the face like......This is what I've been trying to teach you for the longest time, why haven't you been listening. But yea I've been on a really big spiritual high lately and I've been doing pretty good with spiritual things. 

I've been studying in 3 Nephi and I've had a great experience with it. I've learned a lot and there is a ton of doctrine in those chapters and I've really enjoyed Jesus' ministry to the Nephites. We actually had a Book of Mormon Class last night about some of the chapters about some of the ordinances and some of the super special things that are in there. 3 Nephi is beginning to be my favorite book in the Book of Mormon. There are just so many teachings and so many amazing doctrines and lessons that are to be learned in those chapters. Plus the Student manual that I have has been really helping as well and it's been really teaching me how to look for the doctrine in the versus that don't seem to have any.


Spiritual Thought: So this week I'm going to come from 3 Nephi....WHOA! SUCH A SURPRISE RIGHT!? But it's in Chapter 12:5  And blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Spencer W. Kimball taught that "Meekness doesn't mean weakness." and that in order to be meek one needs to have a reminder of their dependence and the one person that everyone is dependant on. Which is really special and truly amazing doctrine if you think about it. Because everyone is dependent on Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father for everything and that it's very important that at the end of the day we do more thanks in our prayers rather than asking for blessings, because if we look at our lives with an eye looking towards the blessings in our lives and instead of the short comings that we have, we will see a lot more of the things that we have been given. We need to turn our hearts towards giving thanks more often than asking because if we do that we will see blessings that the lord sees fit for us rather than of things that we think we need.

Well I hope that every single one of you has a splendid wonderful week and to make the most of every single moment

Love you all very much!
Stay Fabtabulous

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment