Tuesday, May 7, 2019

WELL HELLO ALL YOU FABTABULOUS PEOPLE!!!!!! It's been pretty dang fun up here! 

I've been eating a lot healthier and I haven't been eating as much junk food. Elder Slack has been a huge help with that. I have really been watching what I've been eating and I've been trying not to eat less so I don't over eat. Which has been really good, and I've been able to do more at the gym and be able to exercise and not be dying of exhaustion because my lungs are dying.....hahahahaha...

But yea there's not much to report, actually other than the fact that I've been put into a great district and that everyone has a blast and we all love each other.....it's been really good. I love my district and my zone. Everything about my zone is amazing and all the other seniors there all appreciate having us around.

Spiritual Thought: So I'm going to come from Elder Bednar's talk from April 2019. 
So this talk actually really struck me during conference, then to make things even better.......*Drum roll*...........I did a Priesthood Lesson on the talk for Sunday, I think it was really cool because I read it again and I decided to use it. I hope that my district members got something from it and tried to gather something spiritual from it, or tried to learn something from my lesson as I don't really know how well I teach. 

But I encourage all of you to read it, because it is a really awesome testament of gathering your own faith and having greater understanding for your own conversion. One portion really stood out to me. 

"We cannot expect simply to attend Church meetings and participate in programs and thereby receive all of the spiritual edification and protection that will enable us “to withstand in the evil day.”  - Elder David A. Bednar.

This part really spoke to me both times I heard and when I read it. To my understanding I took it as that We can't just go to church and expect that, whatever we learned from those lessons will be enough to keep us from falling into temptation. In these days with all the things that satan is using to bombard us with we can't expect that small amount of knowledge to help us use our testimony to keep us from falling away. That's why it is beyond vitally important for us to read and strengthen our testimonies on our own time and by ourselves and in our homes. That is also why the new program has come out and why everything in the church today is focused around the home. If we can make our places of residence a tabernacle for the Holy Ghost and for the Spirit to dwell into....We can use those as sanctuaries and places for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to speak to us and to allow him to help us with our struggles and trials that we are faced with every single day. What we are doing today in this day and age to strengthen our testimony and deepen our roots in our understanding of the gospel will benefit us later in life because we will have our own values and other things to fall back on when we need some help. Our families are so important, which is why President Nelson is trying to put emphasis on the home, because our families are going to be one of the only things that we have left in life. I know that if you take the council of the Prophets and other church leaders you will be blessed and I know that you will be able to feel of the lords help in your lives more fully and be able to feel of his hand in your lives and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I hope you all will have a Fabtabulous Week and I hope that you will do all that you can to become better each and every day, 

Y'all are amazing and I love each and every one of you.
Stay Beefy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment