This past week has been a pretty eventful week, it's not been all fun though. There have been a few bumps in the road I will say, but we've worked through them and we are still having fun though.
My Companion and I have been having a lot of fun. Just like what Sister Hinckley says "You can either Laugh or Cry through life. I'd much rather laugh because crying gives me a headache"
Which is something that I've learned to appreciate. There is a lot of wisdom in those words that we really need to take into consideration. The fact that laughing is one of the best things that we can do for our body. It helps us have a brighter mood, helps us stay out of depression, and does healthy stuff to our brain. WHICH...is amazing! Laughing is an amazing thing that Elder Shaw has helped me come to better appreciate as I've been on the mission. It's lessons like these that we need to be looking for in our everyday life. Sometimes they can be an answer to our prayers or a teaching that will open our eyes to an even better understanding of things.
So that was a huge eye opener to me this past week.....It was like BOOM!!! *Explosion Noises*
HAHAHA!
But other than that, nothing really exciting has happened. We've been on several hikes this past week. It's been really nice to get out into the fresh mountain air, rather than being stuck in the city.
I will send the pictures next week because I forgot my camera and my companion took the pictures.
Spiritual Thought: So I know it may seem like I've already shared a spiritual thought but I'm going to share another one that I came across yesterday during my personal study.This comes from 1 Nephi 10 17-19
17 And it came to pass after I, Nephi, having heard all the words of my father, concerning the things which he saw in a vision, and also the things which he spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the Messiah who should come—I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men.
18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.
19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
Then I wrote this down for a thought that came to me. "Living the Lord's Standards requires that we cultivate the gift of the Holy Ghost. That gift helps us understand doctrine and apply it personally. Because truth that is given by revelation can be understood only by revelation, our studies need to be Prayerful" Part of that thought came from the manual but the point is still the same.
We need to make sure that we are trying to use the Gift of the Holy Ghost to the most of it's ability. With the Gift, we can do so many amazing things...but only if we are Living the Lord's Standards and doing all that we can to become more like him. Doing all that we can to follow him and live on the covenant path.
I hope that all of you will have a wonderful week.
You are all amazing! Love you all
Stay Foxy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment