This week has been a really good week so far and it's been so much better than last week. Things still happened that could've made my week not as good but I'm very slowly learning a principle that I've been taught for my entire life. You can take this experience and what just happened and you can let it ruin your week and let that be your focus point of the day...or you can just brush it off the shoulder and continue forward and make it better. That's one of the lessons that the spirit has allowed me to learn and have been able to help me better understand and it's really been helping me continue forward and make each and every day the, "BEST DAY EVER!" (Thanks Kevin)
The many friends that I've made on this mission have also helped and have really allowed me to continue forward and have helped me so much as well. Family and friends back home have also been so much appreciated, your prayers have been extremely helpful and felt each and every day. All of these things combined really give me the Hope to continue doing what I'm doing and that what I'm doing has been ordained of God. He is there and I know of it's truth and the comfort and grace that comes from trusting in the Lord and moving forward in faith believing on the true word of Christ.
We made several different things for dinner this past week. One thing that stands out to us both would be the Chimichangas that we made this past week. We didn't make them right away and we got out of zone a little late so we had to wait till after night zone (6:00-8:30) to finish them and eat. It wasn't the most thrilling thing in the world but it was worth the wait. Now that Pumpkin Season is here I'm looking forward to being able to make all of the wonderful pumpkin desserts that come with this wonderful season.
Spiritual Thought: My spiritual thought today is going to be coming from 2 Nephi 2:6-8;
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
To me this talks about Repentance and the importance of being able to be redeemed of the Lord. President Nelson taught about daily repentance and how vital it is to be able to stand at the judgment bar of God at the last day and be able to say. "I left it all on the field" We can only be redeemed if we allow Christ into our lives and enter into the depths of humility. When that happens, the Lord is able to communicate with us and we are able to better communicate with him, we are more welcoming to his spirit and we are more likely to be able to feel the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Then we are able to Begin the process back to our Heavenly Father. Being fully cleansed through the marrots of the repentance process is a key part to receiving revelation and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I hope that all of you can have a wonderful day and a wonderful new week. Enjoy conference too!
I love all of you very much! You're all amazing and Fabtabulous!
Stay Foxy!
No comments:
Post a Comment