Thursday, July 18, 2019

Boring week

Hello all of you wonderful people!!! I would have had a better title for my email this week but sadly there really isn't much to report on this week. It may have been more exciting but not all weeks will all be exciting. 

One of the few things that did happen this week is that I was able to help out a fellow elder with some problems that he was having. I was able to provide some relief to him and he is doing a ton better. 

But other than that....I've got really nothing to report on. 

Spiritual Thought: 

So my spiritual thought is going to be coming from 1 Nephi 16: 21-25

21 Now it came to pass that I, Nephi, having been afflicted with my brethren because of the loss of my bow, and their bows having lost their springs, it began to be exceedingly difficult, yea, insomuch that we could obtain no food.
22 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did speak much unto my brethren, because they had hardened their hearts again, even unto complaining against the Lord their God.
23 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?
24 And it came to pass that he did inquire of the Lord, for they had humbled themselves because of my words; for I did say many things unto them in the energy of my soul.
25 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came unto my father; and he was truly chastened because of his murmuring against the Lord, insomuch that he was brought down into the depths of sorrow.

I was reading through these verses and I realized that Nephi was being 100% faithful to the Lord and doing all that he could to follow the teachings of his father; but yet he was still being put through trials and afflictions. Yet he powered through them and he continued forward and did many many amazing things.
When we are going through trials, it doesn't exactly mean that we are being wicked. He may give us these trials because he sees that we have room to grow and that we can improve a little more. So he then allows us to go through these trials so that we can grow, improve, and continue turning into the man that he wants us to be.

Well, I hope that you are all doing amazing and I hope that you make the most out of every moment of every day. 
I love all of you very much and you are all Fabtabulous!
Stay Foxy!
Elder Wyatt gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment