Friday, July 12, 2019

Relieved and Not Stressed

Hello all of you fabulous people! I hope that this past week has been great and I hope that you've all loved it as much as I have. It's been quite fun and I've been relieved of a lot of stress that I've had for a little while now.

We had a wonderful Mission conference yesterday and I pulled away from it very enlightened and feeling that I could improve, which is how President Fenn has told us should happen after a good mission conference. The main point of the Mission Conference was being soldiers in the Army of God and do what we can to stay worthy to be able to have the companionship of the holy ghost always with us. Also President Fenn made a point about if we sin the Holy Ghost will be removed from us and we won't be able to be the missionaries that we should be. We also sang Battle Hymn of the Republic and Onward Christian Soldiers. Those songs have always been some of my personal favorites and they touched me after that conference.

Not much this week has happened though...we've been playing a ton of games back at the apartment. It's really fun because my other two companions get really competitive in our game of "Sorry".  Not sure why they do, but it's actually really funny to watch and to be a part of. But yea, we're staying entertained and making sure that we build each other up and helping each other improve as people and as missionaries. Other than that there isn't much else that I can report on

Spiritual Thought: So my spiritual thought is going to come from 2 Nephi 32:9

"9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform anything unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."

I personally really like these two verses because it really allows us to see the importance of prayer and what it can bring forth. I don't think that you can ever emphasize prayer enough in the church. It is so important that we pray to the Lord each and every day. If we do so and if we are humble enough, he will "Consecrate our performance" and there is real importance in what he says there. He will allow us to be able to perform to our utmost ability if we just pray to him and do it with all of our might.

Well, everyone, I love you all and each and every one of you are amazing and FabTabulous!!!
Do what you can today to change and to become better.

Stay Foxy!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment