Saturday, September 7, 2019

Hiking at Alta Ski Resort and Project Work

Hello, all of you Fabtabulous people!!! This week has been really fun and it's been a week that I've needed for a long time. We did a ton of hiking up at Alta Ski resort on Monday because we got Labor Day off. We did the Alta Brighton trail which was difficult at times but I loved every minute of it. It's super beautiful and very breathtaking. It was really nice to get away from the city and amazing to be back in nature and be where I feel like I can have a little bit of regular person life out of my missionary experience. Then we did the Secret Lake trail that leads to a really nice view of the lake. (I was super tempted to jump into the lake but it's against mission rules. I can't wait to swim again!) Later that day, we had a mission activity where all of us got together at the stake center and had pizza and then watched "October Sky" A space movie about the Rocket boys, a really good movie. 

Zone has been really good. There have been a few district conflicts with one member of our district. Luckily they've all been very minor problems and they haven't caused any harm, other than that it's been pretty boring at zone. We've begun to write the chapters on the individual Mission Presidents who have served from March 2002 all the way through up to President Fenn. It's pretty hard and pretty complicated but I'm getting help from other people and from other missionaries around. It's slowly working forward but none the less it's going forward.

Spiritual Thought: I'm going to be coming from D&C 27: 15 - 18 "15 Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.
16 Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, which I have sent mine angels to commit unto you;
17 Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked;
18 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my Spirit which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be caught up, that where I am ye shall be also. Amen."
This scripture really speaks to me because it talks about "The Armor of God" This principle is so important to understand and so many people take it all for granted because they've already heard all the analogies that they could possibly think of. Cast all of those thoughts aside because they aren't true. No amount of doctrine on the basic principles of the church can ever be preached enough. This speaks mainly about Trusting in the Lord and his teachings and his words. When I read those words, the first thing that comes to mind is "Take upon yourselves the name of Christ and his word and his teachings. For in him is the truth and in Him is the way to Eternal Happiness." That may be a quote or several in one, but the principle still stands. We need to take upon ourselves the name of Christ and continue being the examples that we are toward other people. That's why Ministering is so important because as we minister we can allow others to notice us and others can feel of our spirit and example and eventually, they can obtain the same spirit that we have, and then they can share it with others as well. The spirit that we feel and the spirit that we have isn't meant to just be obtained...it's meant to be spread to others and shared with our neighbors and friends. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Well, I hope that all of you have an amazing week and I hope that all of you stay Fabtabulous!
I love each and every one of you!
Stay Foxy!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment