Monday, September 23, 2019

Rough week, progress, but looking forward

WELL....I swear, yesterday was the very beginning of the transfer but it's already time for transfers again!!! I guess it's what happens when you have way too much fun with your companion and it's what happens when other emotions are all over the place but oh well, I guess you learn to deal with it. This week has actually been a really rough week for me. My district has been pretty shaky and a lot of stuff has happened and it's kinda torn the district quite a bit. One of my district members has caused the entire zone to be off and truly shaken. That's kinda made the week really rough, and I've been trying bounce back from that but I have been unsuccessful thus far. I'm hoping that since it's the start of a new week that it can be better.

The big project that I'm working on is going really well. We're about to begin the harder stuff where I have to rely on all of my project helps to do their part and to go forward. I've held a meeting to cover all the questions that they had and to tell them how to move forward and how to write their part of the project, I just have to hope and pray that they will actually do what they've been told. 

It hasn't been totally terrible, my companion and I have spent a lot of time talking about what we've been learning from our studies of the Book of Mormon which has really helped and it's allowed me to know that everything is going to be worked out in the Lords time and that everything is in the Lord's hands. That's been something that has really hit me hard this week and has really been on my mind a lot this past week. I may not know what's going on and I may not understand what on earth is happening nor why it's happening, but as long as we are righteous and as long as we put our trust in him, everything will work out and everything will work out for the positive. 

Spiritual Thought: My spiritual thought this week is going to be coming from Mosiah 27:28 

28 Nevertheless, after wading through much tribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an everlasting burning, and I am born of God. 

Now I know this is quite the extreme but I'm going to focus on the main point that I get out of it. Now all of us go through various trials and various experiences that put us through a lot of hardship and really test our faith. Just like Joseph Smith in D&C 121:1-6, we all get to the point where we wonder if God is aware of us and our current situation and if he is actually paying attention to us at all. But as this states along with D&C 121:7-46, that God is with all men and he is constantly watching over us and he will send his comfort to us when we need it most. Heavenly Father is always watching over us and when he sees fit, he will deliver you out of your afflictions and tribulations. He doesn't put our afflictions in front of us because he knows that we are going to struggle, he puts them before us so that he can test our faithfulness and so that we can grow and learn from our various experiences that we are going through. I know this to be true and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope all of you have an amazing week and I hope that each and every one of you do all that you can to have a Fabtabulous Day/week and the Best Day Ever.

You're all amazingly great people
I love all of you deeply

Stay Foxy!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment