Other than that...transfers have happened and not much changed. I have a new companion, Elder Mitchell, and a new apartment (I literally moved right next door), but I haven't switched zones. I keep forgetting that President Fenn has told me that I am going to be serving in this zone for a long time. But this transfer is a 6-week transfer so...I'm going to be in this district for a while, which I'm totally looking forward to that.
Zone work is pretty slow as usual, not much excitement happening but...such is mission life up here in the Great polluted place of Salt Lake City. We try to make it as exciting as possible because...Life isn't the same when you don't have at least a little bit of excitement. I've been using that to help me get through day to day and to get through the hard times. It has been helping with staying happy and not letting the adversary get into my head. Sometimes it does get more difficult but relying on the Lord and the Savior to help me pull through those times. For the most part, I'm doing good...just hoping things only get better from here.
Spiritual Thought: So my spiritual Thought this week is going to be coming from Alma 44:4
4 Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith.
So I'm gonna change a few things about this to better relate to us. "and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be alone in times of tribulation" Now when I change that up it really hits me in the heart and is very spiritual for me. Because we all have days where we just feel alone and just feel like our efforts aren't meaningful. But to the Lord, they are all he expects of us. He expects that we do our best every day to become better Disciples of Christ. We must only do our best and that is all he requires of us. I know these things to be true and I know that our efforts are recognized by the Lord every day. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I hope that all of you have a Fabtabulous Week and a Merry Christmas!
I love all of you!
Stay Foxy!
No comments:
Post a Comment