Saturday, December 14, 2019

The work moves on and so do the holidays

Hello, all of you Fabtabulous people. Life has kind of been interesting up here. It's been a little difficult especially with the holidays coming closer, but with the help of a lot of my companions and my friends that I have out here, it's been bearable and I've been only pressing forward. 

          My projects are kind of slow going, but we're still making progress none the less. We have a meeting with President Fenn on Monday and hopefully, that will go well and that we will be able to progress forward in the way that we are needing to. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the best and I'm hoping that we will get the info that we need along with the permissions to finish up this project. It's just really stressful being the head of this project and worrying about everything all at once. I'm really working on that and trying to focus on one thing at a time. I've been really praying and asking the Lord to have the strength, focus, and ability to finish this project and the ability to make this project happen with the help of everyone around me.
          I have been able to feel the Lord's assistance in my life and I have been able to really see his hand in my life and I have been able to have that strength to get through it so far. I just have to continue forward for just a little bit longer and then it should be a walk in the park from there


          Other news; Transfer's is on Tuesday and that doesn't help my situation. I really don't think that I'm going to move or go anywhere just because I'm the project head and I will be staying with this project until it's done. Other than that I'm pretty boring. 


Spiritual Thought: So my Spiritual Thought this week is going to be coming from Alma 43:45 (vs. 41-45)

45 Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church.  

This really hit me hard when I read this scripture study this week. It really made me reflect on my life and made me ask the question to myself..."Am I being inspired by a better cause?" ya know..."What is my better cause and am I living worthy of the spirit to help me recognize a better cause?" This is a question that has multiple right answers, but are we...as members of the church, living and being inspired by that better cause and am I living in line with the teachings of the prophets and the scriptures. Living this principle requires that we have the Spirit of the Lord with us in our everyday lives and requires that we live that higher standard that the Lord has put before us. We need to stick it out in the hard times and we need to look upon past mistakes and learn from those experiences that we've had. Those several Trials and Afflictions that we have in our lives are to test our faith and to help us focus more on "The Better Cause." They help us build each other up and to help strengthen our faith in these trying and hard times of conflicting opinions. Let us be inspired and be focused on the "Better Cause" each day and allow us to better walk in the steps of the Savior. Let us strive each and every day to continue forward and to continue doing our best to be better and to change towards Perfection. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Well, that's it for me!
You're all Fabtabulous people!
I love all of you so very much! Do what you can to have the Best Day Ever every day!
Stay Foxy!

Love,
Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment