Thursday, February 13, 2020

Pretty good week

Hello all of you Fabtabulous people, this week has been pretty exciting in the sense of being pretty chill. We throw a foam dart most the time because we're bored and we made a little game out of it. My scripture reading has been really good, especially with the "Come Follow Me" being the Book of Mormon. It's quite a blessing to have that be our point of focus this year. Plus, with this upcoming conference coming up being a "Special One" and it's kind of got me a little anxious to hear what's going to happen. 

Mission Conference: We had a Mission Conference yesterday and it was really good! We had a lot of very spiritually inspired talks. One of the very prominent messages that I took away from it was becoming a better missionary and doing all that we can to dedicate our whole souls to the work, being "All in" instead of being wishy-washy about the work that we've been called to do. The Spirit was truly full and very abundant in the room during the Fabtabulous Conference that we had. Many lessons were taught and the spirit testified that what was being spoken was true many many times, I am truly grateful for the experience that I had.

Zone stuff is just the same old boring stuff. Nothing really exciting happens so I can't really talk about it. I shelve books and make sure that everything is in the proper place all day...and on the lower two floors (B1 and B2 in the Family History Library) No one really comes down there, there isn't any natural light down there, and it's really quiet....it's quite boring but I'm doing what I can to make the most of it and I'm trying to make it exciting....(I think it's working?????? )

Spiritual Thought: This week is going to come from Mormon 8:15-16
15 For none can have the power to bring it to light save it be given him of God; for God wills that it shall be done with an eye single to his glory, or the welfare of the ancient and long dispersed covenant people of the Lord.
16 And blessed be he that shall bring this thing to light; for it shall be brought out of darkness unto light, according to the word of God; yea, it shall be brought out of the earth, and it shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people; and it shall be done by the power of God.

President brought this scripture up during his Book of Mormon class that we have every month. and he broke this down and helped us all see that this was about the Book of Mormon and the coming forth of it. It was so amazing! I had never thought of that before. I especially enjoyed the power that was in the phrase "It shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people, and it shall be done by the power of God." I was like WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But it's so true! The Book of Mormon was brought forth by the gift and power of God. for Joseph Smith said "It was not intended for the world to know the particulars of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon" The Book of Mormon has truly come and Shine forth out of the darkness and have brought so many people out of the darkness of the world and into the Light of Christ. Its power is beyond measure and the blessings and gifts that come from it are endless. It truly testifies that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I know this to be true. I know that all things are done by the will of the Father. I know that he is always there for all of his children and I know that He will do all that he can to help those who truly seek after his Guidance and Love. I know this to be true, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I hope that all of you have a Fabtabulous week and do what you can to make the most out of every moment out of every day. 
I love you all so very much! You're all Fabtabulous!

Stay Foxy!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment