Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Unshaken Faith


Hey!
My P-Days for the next month or so are going to be Tuesdays. I did start later because Transfer was yesterday and we had a young elder conference so we had to go shopping later in the day. Yesterday was so good! We have been doing some family search the past week and I found 10 family names! I did all the baptisms, confirmations, and initiatories. Of course we were kind of crunched for time and Elder Allison and Elder Walker didn't have names because they were doing other stuff in the week. We just split the names that Elder Wacaser and I found between the 4 of us, and we each had about 4 or 5. My new companion is Elder Lane and my new apartment group is super fun. I can't wait to have a real party with them. We weren't able to totally move in when we got all our stuff in there because the peeps in the apartment before us kinda didn't prepare to move out, and they took an hour and a half to get everything moved out. Even though they said that they moved out there was still a ton of stuff in the fridge and most of it was moldy and we had to do a deep clean just like we used to back home to get everything clean. That wasn't fun and it smelled...."great" =( When we finally got moved in and all of our stuff organized it was probably 9:30ish. Kinda annoying, but I hope other transfers go smoother and less annoying as this one.
Now for my spiritual thought for the week. I have been reading in Ether (probably one of my favorite books in the Book of Mormon). In Ch 3 It made me really think of faith and how we have to have that strong faith in this work and this gospel. The Brother of Jared had such faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that he would be able to make the stones shine forth so that they would have light in their ships so that they could see, even though they couldn't steer at all because the lord was steering for them. After the Brother of Jared had told the lord what he wanted to have him do; he saw the finger of God and he was frightened because he didn't think that the Lord had flesh, blood, and bone. But the part that really struck me was "And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie. And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you - Ether Ch 3:11-12. and the one part that I would've put there after would be "Because of your unshaken faith in me." So I would like to challenge all of you that read the emails I send out to be like the Bro. of Jared and strive to find your unshaken faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Because I know for a fact that if you strive for that you will see miracles and wonders worked among you. I know for a fact that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and I know with my unshaken faith in this gospel that Jesus Christ has worked miracles in my life, and he will do so in yours. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
Well I hope everyone will have a great week and as always "Stay, Beefy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment