Hey Bud,
I hope all is well with you. Did you receive a transfer this week? If so, what area are you serving in? Also, what are the different areas?
We are plugging along here. Spencer has stayed in his every night since moving into your room. And that is a wonderful blessing. Bradyn and he are not fighting as much also. Lexi has her "Lexi" moments.
We are following your counsel and trying to read Isaiah. We purchased a book from Desert Books that should helps us better understand it. We have only read the first chapter, so it has been a slow start but we will keep plugging away at it.
Your mission will be what you put into it. I know if you put your all into it, you will enjoy it to its maximum capacity. You are such a great example not only to your brothers but your peers here. The Bishop has asked that I speak in our Priesthood Leadership meeting in December. The Stake President and his Councilors are concerned with the low numbers of missionaries going out form the Stake. We a currently at 20% of those who could serve. I've been asked to speak on how I can encourage our youth to serve. As the young men president I felt it would be a good idea to have monthly discussion from the Preach My Gospel. This past week I address who many of the youth may feel as though they are not prepare to serve a mission. I wish Tanner and Cole would have been in there as I related how Moses felt as if there was some one else better suited to lead the Israelites. Moses felt like he was not "eloquent" enough and "slow of speech, and of a slow tongue" (Exodus 4:10). Yet the Lord explained "Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou salt say" (Exodus 4:12). I felt this important as we may not always feel "eloquent" enough to be a spokes person for the Lord but once we except to serve Him, He will be our mouth and teach us what to say.
thank you son for being the example you are to all of those who know you. I know you are a great missionary and will be a great instrument in bringing other souls unto our Heavenly Father. Continue to follow the mission rules and be that example unto your follow missionaries. You are a great young man! You are missed here, but we all know you are where you need to be at this time, and we willing to make that sacrifice.
Special young man, Lucky Dad?
Love you
Dad
Wyatt's Reply to his Dad
I have a message for all those in the priesthood group that may not know if they are ready to serve a mission that I would like you to share next week and here it is. I know that as Deacons you are starting to learn more about a mission and how vital and important they are to this gospel. I encourage all of you to study in the scriptures more! If you aren't reading at least 30 min a day you are denying the guidance of the holy spirit in your lives, This goes for all the Elders as well! The spirit of the lord is trying to touch you and help you in the gospel but he can't help you feel the power of the spirit and he can't help expound your knowledge and understanding in his truth if you aren't open to the gospel and if you aren't willing to read the scriptures each day with diligence and in humility with a mind open to his counsel and guidance. I ask you dad to share that please. I'm also glad that you have had a Spencer free bed and its really comforting to hear that the family is drawing closer to each other and trying to take heed to Isaiah's words and his magnificent council. I love that you are reading it but now I ask you all to do one more thing. After each chapter that you complete I would like you to take a verse and expound on it. Try to find what message its sending forth and take that topic and express your feelings on it. I hope that you will have a fabtabulous week and I hope that you will all think of me at this wonderful time of year of Thanksgiving. I hope you all look for the Lords blessings and all he has to offer. Goodluck, see you soon, and Stay Beefy!
No comments:
Post a Comment