Lexi learned about Mission Headquarters in Seminary the day after we dropped him off and she felt a strong peaceful feeling that he is where he is supposed to be. At first she was like "Why are we learning about this again, we already touched on it." But then as the lesson progressed she realized it was a gift from Heavenly Father to help her.
Friday, November 16, 2018
Sustained by Angels
As President Fenn (Wyatt's Mission President) was talking to us before we parted ways with Wyatt he said that the first week is always the hardest, but that it gets better after that. He said that the Lord would sustain the missionary and the family with what they needed to get through. He said it wouldn't be more than we needed or less, but just the right amount. I will attest that for the family, it was a super rough week. Spencer cried every single day. Lexi was moody. Bradyn drove everyone crazy. Brady was quiet, and I (mom) had a feeling of hollowness that I have never before experienced. No matter what I did, it was there. I have super copings skills so this was very new to me. I couldn't talk about him or I cried. I had friends hug me ready to listen, but I couldn't share. Friday, November, 16 exactly five days after saying goodbye I walked into my office at work and there was a missionary survival kit for moms. It was truly an act of love. Even though it was supposed to be anonymous, it had Leanne Skougaard's signature trademark of never ending love and service for others. I am truly thankful for her gift. It was so thoughtful and not only helped me, but also my children. They loved going through it and reading what everything was for. President Fenn was correct, the first week was hard, but ministering angels helped us through. After hearing from him via email Saturday, life has been much better. My hollow feeling is gone and we all just feel peace.
Lexi learned about Mission Headquarters in Seminary the day after we dropped him off and she felt a strong peaceful feeling that he is where he is supposed to be. At first she was like "Why are we learning about this again, we already touched on it." But then as the lesson progressed she realized it was a gift from Heavenly Father to help her.
Lexi learned about Mission Headquarters in Seminary the day after we dropped him off and she felt a strong peaceful feeling that he is where he is supposed to be. At first she was like "Why are we learning about this again, we already touched on it." But then as the lesson progressed she realized it was a gift from Heavenly Father to help her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment