Hey! It's been kind of a weird week for me, but I've been making the most of it and doing my best to stay positive. My companion for training week is the other new elder that came in with me on Monday, Elder Wacaser, we mostly get along but there are a few things that he does that pushes my buttons sometimes, but I don't let it get to me too bad. He is kind of like dad sometimes, he snores and I don't get good sleep some nights. But I have been able to sleep through it somehow these past two nights.
It's actually really fun up here and a lot of things remind me of the times that we have spent together up here. Just so you know they don't have the Sword of Laban up here. They told us in a powerpoint about all the various areas that we can serve in. We had a Q & A with President Fenn, our mission president, last night and Thursday night. That was really special in my opinion because he is a wizard when it comes to the scriptures. He knows so many scriptures that he can just totally pull out of his back pocket without even looking at the Book of Mormon at all. He is a really cool mission president and I hope that I can enjoy my mission to maximum capacity.
So this week since its my training week I have today (Saturday) as my P Day. I won't be assigned an area till Tuesday, but my training companions are Elder Walker & Elder Allison. They are amazing, and I hope I get paired with one of them before they head home. We have fun and do things that make us die of laughter. I found out on Wednesday that Elder Allison and I are direct 12th cousins which was pretty cool. The Family history Library is super cool because the main floor is 100% interactive and you can learn so much down there. We play dodge ball for exercise days in the morning and everyone calls me a pro just because I am able to make it to the final 4 every time and win most of the time. We also were pelting bouncy balls at each other in the hallway where we are living, With Elder Allison, Gorman, and myself. I did have something profound happen on Thursday night though. I know without a doubt that it was the voice of Jesus Christ but I heard it say "My Son, Thy Sins have been forgiven thee..." There was some other stuff that was said after that I really can't remember but I just felt so at peace and so loved by all of you and by our Savior.
Me and Elder Walker have cooked some stuff. Tonight I'm cooking the breakfast burritos for dinner. They won't be as good as yours or dads but it will make a close second with what I have. We have been eating how I usually should and I heard that most people gain weight on the mission, but I'm going to be that one that doesn't gain too much. I am making sure that I limit what I eat, in a good way. I'm making sure that I don't eat so much that I'm blowing up and dying on the floor. Also, after I eat I make sure that I burn it off with some apartment workouts that me and my training companions have been doing.
My schedule changes daily but I'm getting to everything on time (10-15 min early) and getting done what needs to get done. I really don't know what my schedule will be like next week because transfer is Tuesday and I won't get it until I get assigned to an area.
Good News!!! I can listen to all sorts of music! So if you could send me a few CD's with some Lindsey Stirling, Piano Guys, David Archuleta, and Zelda music that would be fabtabulous.
I hope the reading of Isaiah is coming along nicely. I just hope that you will take my challenge seriously. Yes I know Isaiah is hard, and I know that it's hard to understand but there is a whole lot of good doctrine in there, and I have gained a better insight and better knowledge of the scriptures through the words of Isaiah.
LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! As my favorite youtuber would say.... Goodluck, see you soon and Stay Beefy!
No comments:
Post a Comment