Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Stand on your own two feet

Hello everyone! Once again, I’m sorry about the really short email last week and I’m hoping that I can make up for it today with this email.
So just as a clarification for everyone reading this, My P-Day has switched to Tuesday this transfer/Month so start looking for my email on Tuesday. As stated before Elder Barron is my new companion and he is great. We are both “Trouble makers” and making everyone laugh in the Discovery zone, the Main Floor of the Family History Library. Generally, the evenings are dead because it’s later in the evening and not a lot of people if anyone comes so it’s pretty dead and everyone wants to go home. But Elder Barron and I start dancing and singing a little bit and getting everyone involved in the zone who is working in the evenings, and we’re just an amazing companionship and I really am loving my zone
I know it’s only been about a week in my new zone but I can already feel the blessings and can feel and see the change in myself as a person and as a member of this mission. I can already feel more humble and I have a better sense of charity to everyone. I have a better love for the scriptures and I have almost a constant desire to read the scriptures. I may not be as far as I could be in the Book of Mormon, but I made it to the Book of Jacob on Saturday, which is Fabtabulous! I can’t wait to get a deeper and deeper love and understanding of the scriptures than I have now.
On Sunday we had a super spiritual Sacrament meeting with an awesome Sunday “Come Follow Me” Lesson and I had the opportunity to teach the Priesthood Lesson back at the Apartment for the district and I took a talk from April of 1971, “In the Mountain of the Lords House by LeGrand Richards” It took me all evening of the day previous and all Morning on Sunday to get the entire lesson prepared because I wanted to make it as spiritual as I possibly can. I think it went pretty well and I hope that the spirit hopefully taught them something as well as what I said among all of that. Plus to finish off the day we had a Fireside with President Fenn and he showed us a few things about a few chapters in the Book of Mormon and how they fit into to 10 different categories. He wanted to get through the entire Book of Mormon but as all of us know "Time management is not President Fenn's strong suit" as stated by himself so we knew we weren't going to get through the whole thing but we were able to make it to about Mosiah 3. 

But yea now it's time for my spiritual thought.

I'm going to get some help from the lesson that was taught during District Meeting yesterday.

The main topic that was touched on was the topic of Valiance and how it's really taken for granted and how so few people actually take it seriously when that's a topic not touched on enough in this church and how vital it is to stay valiant to the teachings of the Prophet, Apostles, and all other church leaders in the church today. It was pointed out during the lesson that Easy Obedience is being told what to do and doing it because you really don't want to figure out the consequences of not doing it in the first place. But Hard Obedience is Obedience with Free Agency. Then I proceeded to say. Strong/Hard Obedience is when the lord has put his whole trust in you and when he has full belief of you that you can do it without him telling you what to do. In those moments in your life he has the trust in you as he did the Prophet Job, and How he knows that you can do it all on your own and when he knows and believes that you can do it without falling short of anything and when he knows and believes that Satan can do all he can to make you fall and he knows that Satan can not shake you. He knows that you aren't going to blame him and going to fall away from the church and he knows that you aren't going to make up a silly excuse to blame him for trusting you. In those moments when you feel alone and you feel that Christ isn't there...that's when he's trusting you to make the right decision and when he knows that you are capable of standing on your own two feet and he believes that you are able to represent the lord without him helping for a short amount of time. I think we need to start trying to find out for ourselves if we feel the lords trust in us and when we feel that the lord loves us enough to back away from us for a minute or two, so to speak, to let us choose for ourselves if we know that we are on the right path.

I hope that you all can take something away from that and I hope that all of you are doing your best to become better disciples of Christ in your everyday lives
I love all of you very much and you all mean the world to me. Thank you for all the prayers and all that you are doing for me back home I sincerely appreciate it. 

Love you all Have the Best Day Ever everyday, and as always....Stay Beefy!

Love, Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment