So I was once again assigned to go to a family history service project where we go to the assisted living homes and help them with family history if they come and do that. We just help them with the various tasks that go along with what they ask. But that was really fun actually. The lady that I was assigned to was super awesome and she wanted to do the new discovery experiences that we're released a few weeks ago and She didn't know that she had a few missionaries in her line and she found out a little bit more from the new experiences.
2. We had mission conference this past Wednesday on becoming born again through the Doctrine of Christ. It was super awesome and we went over how it's partially up to us on what we do and how we do it will depend on how we become spiritually reborn. I personally loved it, and loved the insight that President Fenn always gives us. But he talked a lot about how we need to look at some of the major changes and becoming born again/examples of becoming born again. It was mentioned a lot of people like the anti-Nephi Lehi's and all that they covenanted with to do such. Also with Alma the Elder and Alma the Younger and all that happened with them and how they became to be super duper spiritual people in the book of Mormon and how they changed and their conversion stories. He gave us the point on how it's so important that even though you are born into the covenant of being a member of, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Church, how we need to find our own true conversion. We may be a part of this church but if we don't have our own true conversion we won't truly feel of gods pure love, we won't see his hand in our daily lives and we won't even begin to become a better disciple of Christ if we don't start with true conversion to the church.
I'm really stoked for conference actually. There have been rumors and statements going around from other elders that there is going to be an announcement on missions. I'm not going to say anymore than that because I don't know any more than that, but As a mission President Fenn gets tickets for all of us to go to the priesthood session and be there in the conference center!!!! I can't wait for it and I hope that I can get into another session. It's really unlikely but some other elders who've been here a while have stood in the standby line and gotten in. So I might do that but that's after transfers so we will see what happens from there.
But it's been a blast honestly and my new district is super awesome. They all are great and have some pretty fun times together.
I kinda already gave a spiritual thought but I'm gonna give another one anyway cuz....yea!
I've been reading through the book of Mosiah and I've read through Abinadi's sermon to King Noah and it came to a point where all the priests were trying to get king Noah to kill Abinadi but he said:
Mosiah ch 13 vs. 3-7
"3 Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.
4 But I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me; and because I have told you the truth ye are angry with me. And again, because I have spoken the word of God ye have judged me that I am mad. 5 Now it came to pass after Abinadi had spoken these words that the people of king Noah durst not lay their hands on him, for the Spirit of the Lord was upon him; and his face shone with exceeding luster, even as Moses’ did while in the mount of Sinai, while speaking with the Lord. 6 And he spake with power and authority from God; and he continued his words, saying: 7 Ye see that ye have not power to slay me, therefore I finish my message. Yea, and I perceive that it cuts you to your hearts because I tell you the truth concerning your iniquities."
I loved that section from that chapter because he had not yet delivered the message which he was called to give so the Lord protected him and he then finished with his message that he was to give to the people. The Lord will always preserve those who will righteously bring forth his word and he will always bless those who will follow Christ and his example. The lord is aware of all of our circumstances in every moment of every day and he knows when we need his help but he won't actually start helping us until we offer up a sincere prayer up in humility towards god in full faith that we know he can help us.
Well I hope that all of you will try to make the most out of every moment of every day and I hope that all of you will do your best to look for moments to serve him and also serve all those around us.
You all are amazing and Have a FabTabulous week! and as always "Stay Beefy"
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment