WHOA MAN!!!! Has this week been a roller coaster of emotions..... but It's also been really fun. I've had a ton of awesome things happen this last week. So besides having probably the best companion ever and totally joking around all the time at the apartment and trying to have fun at zone as well because it just....dies....and no one comes in but it's alright though. My entire district has just been a really awesome district and I really love it. I had my doubts about the zone at first because we're all human and we all make stupid dumb accusations against things and we're all skeptical about a lot of things at first because we're all human and we were made that way. But I actually love the Family History Library Discovery Zone. It's taught me very many valuable lessons about humility and Charity. How to be humble is a really big one though because everyone always is either up tight or put ourselves above everyone else because we think we're better than everyone else but the truth about it is....we all came to this earth with a duty to fulfill and we all came here under the same covenant as everyone else. We all came here because we knew deep in our hearts that this was the true church and we all knew that this is what we wanted and we didn't want to follow Satan's plan....WE ALL CHOSE CHRIST. Which I will get into later for my spiritual thought.
Story time: STORY TIME!!! We all love story time.....thank you Parowan Lifeguard family for getting me on that....(Lorrianna and McKinlee) but back to the story. So There was this couple who came in, they were in their mid 40's, who they met on a dating sight and they met up and they went on a date to dinner. They heard each other's last names and they we're like....WHOA MAN!!!! we're most likely related in some way or another. But after they finished dinner they came over here to the FHL. They came over and they did the discovery experience where we give you an IPad and you sign into your Family Search account and then you can dock on the various things that we have on the floor. It's super great. But They came over and a ton of relatives we're found but they we're like 4th cousins. In my head I'm thinking.......You told me you we're a Bishop years back and now you found your 4th cousin and your dating her........*Trying to sound like Jim Gaffigan* Thissss issss reallllly Weirrrrrrrrrd......... But yea it was super great in the moment and they we're a super awesome couple and we had a bit of fun.
But yea Reading the Book of Mormon has become a regular thing to do at zone as well at the apartment because no one comes in and not a ton is happening but I will just pull it out and start reading because I'm not going to waist time being Idle on the computers because then part of you just slowly dies inside then later you gonna be like a mindless zombie around being like UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I've been doing all I can to become a better missionary and a better disciple of Christ which is something that we can all work on.
Now I'm getting back to my spiritual thought for the week. So as I stated Earlier that "we all chose Christ" and that we all chose his plan from the beginning has kinda been on my mind as of late.....and it's made me stop and ponder a lot of things that have happened over the past little while and I've been able to reflect on the mighty moments where I've seen god's hand in my life later and how much I've changed. We all chose the only begotten as our savior and to be the one who we will serve in the end. He is the one who we put all our trust in when the time came for us to make a decision to choose what side to be on and to choose whom we would serve when the time came. We knew from the very start that we we're going to choose Jesus the Christ and that we would heed to his prophets and his council. We knew up in heaven that we we're going to have some hard times and that we we're going to fall short in some things but since he suffered for everything we knew that we we're going to make it back, BUT.....only if we we're faithful.......and one other thought came into my head that kinda hurt but it's beyond true. If we knew what we we're going to do and whom we were going to serve when we came down here and we knew that it was going to be hard and that agency is a real but kicker when we think about it, but why aren't we doing everything we can......to become better, heed to the counsel, listen to the Holy Ghost and yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit and their will. Why aren't we doing all we can to become more like him. The reason I came up with is actually a few things that I'm challenging you to work on this next week. 1. Arrogance: Many of you are going to be like.....no that's not true. But that's arrogance talking. People aren't humble enough to do a "Brutal Self Analysis" and President Fenn puts it, because Truth hurts and if you want to change and become more Humble and to be able to understand and receive more understanding from the lord and hear the holy spirit we need to learn True Humility as Christ had. 2. Not Listening: Many of us just go through the motions of our day to day lives and we don't really give heed to anything that's said to us or what is trying to be revealed to us. The Holy Spirit can't reveal anything to you, you can't receive the blessings, and we can't know the answers to our questions if we aren't trying to listen with an ear constantly open listening to everything around us and trying to pick up the lords servants trying to teach us the lessons we need to know, Lastly 3. Our Own Spiritual Standing/Grounds: This one kinda covers quite a bit of things and a lot of the answers are the Primary answers that lead us back to the basics which is maybe something we need to go back to every now and again because in the world constantly changing. Allegations being thrown left and right and things that we don't even know are happening, we need to take a step back from the fast paced Tech of the world, slow down and try to go back to the primary answers that we know can help us and will help us with our daily salvation. It may seem insignificant but Daily study, pondering, questions trying to be answered by your own doing, and prayer. These things will in time help you come closer to Jesus Christ and we will be able to more willingly hear his words and be able to feel of his spirit more.
I hope that this next week is amazing and I hope that you all can make the most of every moment of this FabTabulous week
Love all of you, you all are amazing people, you're all the best!!!!
As always...Stay Beefy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin
No comments:
Post a Comment