Saturday, August 10, 2019

Bee's Baseball & a Better Week. Hospital Run?

Hello all of you amazing people!!! This past week has been really really eventful and it's been a series of exciting things happening one after another. 

First off, we had a Fireside on Sunday and it was quite an amazing experience. President Fenn told us some amazing stories about him growing up and some of his stories about him getting married and being very intimidated by Bruce R. McConkie and some other stuff. It was super funny, but I noticed partway through the Fireside that Elder Wintersteen was in agonizing pain and I wasn't going to let him continue to be in pain so I took him up to the Utah University ER right as soon as we closed the meeting. We were there till about 1:15 in the morning, and we didn't get back to the apartments till about 1:45. We tried finding our companions and calling the Assistants but we couldn't get either of them to work, so we then just headed to my apartment and we passed out really fast.

We woke up the next morning and only got about 4 hours of sleep, which was totally "FUN" but I did what I could to wake up and not be upset or anything. So needless to say, I was still really tired but I had energy for the Salt Lake Bee's Baseball Game that President Fenn organized. It was a really awesome evening and it was a nice activity for the whole mission to participate in. The Bees may not have won but it was still a really fun night. 

This week has just been a lot better than last week. I have been able to actually assist in the Mission History Project that I'm working on. It's a really extensive project and I'm not going to go into details about it because it would take up too much. But other than that it's been a better week and I'm glad.

Spiritual Thought: So I had a huge spiritual slap to the face this past week and I'm going to share with you the scripture that I read. I was reading in Mosiah and King Benjamin's discourse and he was talking to the people about how powerless we are. Mosiah 2:24 "24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?" The Spirit just testified to me that the Lord has all power and he controls everything. It also made me reflect on all the times where I accomplished a massive thing in swimming or Water Polo and I totally wasn't thinking about Thanking my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for allowing to have those gifts that I possess. So it gave me a greater respect for "The man Upstairs" and I now have a greater sense of what and who I am by just reading that one verse. All of our power that we possess comes from Heavenly Father and he is allowing us to do the many miracles and mighty things in this world so we should do our very best and treat that power with great respect and great power. 

You are all amazing Fabtabulous people and you are all doing amazing things back home

I love you all very very much and I appreciate all that you've done for me.

Stay Foxy!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment