Saturday, August 24, 2019

Really Weird Trio and a Rough Week


Well, this week has been a rough week and I'm hoping that by transfer's will bring some better news and a better district and a better companion because this week has been a pretty hard one. I've been working through it the best I can and hanging on and "Living on a Prayer!" 

But I've only got till Tuesday, I will hang on for three more days and then things should be a lot better from there. The other Elders in the zone are doing what they can to help out and they're making the stress a lot easier on me, which helps me so much. Just so thankful for all the amazing people who are supporting me all the time and doing what they can to help out.

The scriptures have also been a major help for me as well as the spirit continues each and every day to keep me going strong and to help me keep putting my best foot forward. The Young Elder Temple trip yesterday also was a big help for me. Just being able to be in the celestial room and being able to just sit down and feel of the comfort of the spirit and feel the comfort of the Holy Spirit has really lifted a super heavy burden off of my shoulders and I'm trying to use that experience to push me through till transfers. Overall the week hasn't been terrible, it's just been hard finding time to de-stress and refocus on the task at hand rather than everything that needs to be done all at once. It's been getting easier the more that I do it and I've been able to get some help, and been allowed time at zone to do that so I don't freak out.....which has really helped. Other than that there hasn't been anything too exciting happening at zone....sorry...

       Spiritual Thought: So I've started reading from the Doctrine & Covenants and this past week read one passage of scripture that really gave me comfort. D&C 1:28 "And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time." 
        That really comforted me this past week and I came to realize that I wasn't trying to be humble and what I needed to do is humble myself before the Lord and acknowledge that I can't do this on my own and I don't have the strength alone to get through this and if I want to be able to make it through this challenge that I'm having, I need to Humble myself to the Lord and ask for help in sincere prayer. I know that all of us, despite all the hardships and all the troubles that we're going through, that through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we will be able to make it through our various trials and we will be able to have the strength to come out on top.

Well, all of you amazing people, you're all great and you all are an inspiration to me.

I love you all deeply and I hope that you have a Fabtabulous week!

Stay Foxy!!!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment