Saturday, November 16, 2019

Year Mark. . . . . . Already?

I'VE BEEN OUT ON MY MISSION FOR A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's kinda weird when I think about it...anyways!
Hello, all of you amazing people who are in you many various different places wherever that may be. I hope that your past week was amazing and I hope that things have been good!

This week has been a massive blessing to me and it has been so much fun! I mean, zone work isn't the greatest. Doing the same thing, day in and day out isn't always the most fun but as I've learned to rely on God and he has been able to teach me things that have taken me way too long to learn. Thankfully the Lord has been patient with me and has used this part of my mission to teach me a few things but I haven't learned everything! He has taught me some more about the Doctrine of the Book of Mormon even more, and through that, I have been able to learn some very valuable lessons from my study and from other teaching moments that I'm blessed with while on my mission!

The relationship with my companion and it is really good! We've bonded well and have a lot of sharing interests.  We take a lot of time and just talk, which allows us to be able to learn from each other in a lot of ways. Fingers crossed about transfers keeping us together!


My Project has no new updates from last week, we're still waiting for President Fenn to write a letter to send out to each individual Mission President who has served in my mission while the Elders have served. 
The Mission Presidents that we are trying to contact are:
1. President Paramore
2. President Kofford
3. President Simmons
4. President Peterson
5. President Workman &
6. President Tate
Those are the other mission presidents that we are trying to contact, (President is trying) Other than that we have to wait till then! With that, there's not much else to talk about

Spiritual Thought:

My Spiritual Thought this week is going to be coming from Alma 19:35-36
35 And it came to pass that there were many that did believe in their words; and as many as did believe were baptized, and they became a righteous people, and they did establish a church among them.
36 And thus the work of the Lord did commence among the Lamanites; thus the Lord did begin to pour out his Spirit upon them; and we see that his arm is extended to all people who will repent and believe on his name.

I read this passage recently and the thought came to mind that...The Lord is always willing to extend his arm of mercy towards us, but there's one question that we need to ask ourselves. What are we doing to make sure that "The Work of the Lord" has been commenced and is continuing to progress? What are we doing in our daily lives to be an instrument in the Lord's hands? Are we trying to listen to the Spirit of the Lord and trying to heed his promptings, and if we are, what actions of faith have we taken to take that "first few steps forward into the darkness to be able to see a little bit more. David A. Bednar"  It's vitally important for us to use this time on this earth to be able to listen to the spirit and it is a time to learn from previous experiences. It is a time that we should use to help the work of the Lord move forward and to help others around us better come unto Christ. I know that as we bring others to Christ, the Lord will bless us very much and he will help us know how to better help those around us and to better assist his work in our daily lives, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope that all of you have a Fabtabulous week and I hope that you do what you can to have a Fabtabulous Day!
I Love all of you very much! You're all amazing people!
Stay Foxy!
Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment