Saturday, January 11, 2020

Very boring week. . . .

Hello everyone! This week has been terribly boring for me and a little difficult seeing that my ankle has been kind of annoying but luckily I have a companion who is willing to help me and continues to be patient with me and is just overall awesome and I feel blessed to have him as a companion. 

We've really been learning a lot from our scripture study and companionship study.  I go back and forth between the Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. (I suggest everyone read that if they haven't! It's amazing!)
 
We just start with one topic from the scriptures and then we go from there and by the end of it, we end up bringing in so many other topics about the Gospel that also go off of that. I really enjoy them and I feel the spirit very strongly during those conversations and those companionship studies

Training: So I've been stuck in training for 4 days and I was so bored! Everything that they were teaching during the class I already knew and I was already taught, so...I kinda was bored but I got through it and I can now get back to zone work and begin working on the Narrative  History Project again. YAY!
That's pretty much it for this week

Spiritual Thought: (Alma 9:27) 

27 And behold, he cometh to redeem those who will be baptized unto repentance, through faith on his name.

Now this one obviously talks about repentance. I just love the fact that he says "Who will be..." It doesn't say that they must, or that he forced them. It is phrased as an invitation to become clean and to be redeemed through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I really think that it allows us to fully understand what Christ's mission is and the way that he works and performs his work. He didn't ever force someone to do something that they didn't want to. He always did everything as an invitation, because that's how the Father's Plan is. We have this Agency so that we can choose righteousness over wickedness and choose to become born again and be redeemed at the last day. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I hope that all of you have a wonderful week and make the most of every moment!
Love you guys so much!

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment