Thursday, April 9, 2020

Dying of boredom. . . . . but still pressing forward the best I can

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully...everyone's still alive up here and none of us are crazy quite yet. But we're doing our best to keep ourselves busy, and our minds occupied so we don't have to think about the fact that 1. We're practically stuck at our apartments for quite a bit of the time 2. We have one route to and from zone that kind of gets old. But other than that we're doing our best to stay occupied. 

Since we haven't been able to congregate as a group or really hang out with other people, it's given me the opportunity and the blessing of being able to study my scriptures a little bit more. I've been reading through the Doctrine & Covenants, and it's amazing. It's been a major blessing and I've felt the spirit bear witness to what I've been reading is true. I know this could be a time for us to get discouraged and a time for us to murmur and complain to Heavenly Father about the whole Virus thing. But actually, this is a time for us to receive amazing blessings from the Lord! This is a time where we can take and make the time to diligently read the scriptures and come closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We are all at home, and we can take the council of Elder L. Whitney Clayton and make our homes "The Finest Homes" To make our homes an even stronger Spiritual Sanctuary from the stuff from the world.

With that....Spiritual Thought!
We will be reading from D&C 88:124-126
124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.
126 Pray always, that ye may not faint, until I come. Behold, and lo, I will come quickly, and receive you unto myself. Amen.
Now....since we are at home it can be easy to get lackadaisical in our relationship with God since we aren't able to go to church and everything that goes along with that. That would mean that our relationship could be at a standstill. Bruce R. McConkie has taught that there is only moving forward or backward in our relationship with God. It's never stagnant. We have to continually make efforts to increase our relationship and continue to press forward and continue on that covenant path, repenting every day, and being better and doing everything that we can to continually be the Disciple of Christ that He knows that we can become. I know that we can continually improve and strengthen our relationship with God and continually Spiritually Strengthen ourselves and continue to #Hear_Him. I know these things to be true, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Y'all are Great and Fabtabulous! Continue pressing forward!
Love Y'all!

Stay Fabtabulous! #Hear Him

Elder Wyatt Gatlin

No comments:

Post a Comment